Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Yogurt


We made another change that tastes good. Yogurt. Hubby loves yogurt with his lunches. I enjoy it on occasion. More so in the warmer weather. My yogurt of choice is (well now, was) Yoplait. The whips in particular. I like the fact they are a smaller serving size. Hubby likes whatever I get him. He likes a bigger serving size. So typically for him I bought the Fred Meyer brand. 8 ounces & usually on sale. Well, both have stuff I don’t feel comfortable eating anymore or giving to my man to eat.

So I decided to look at the big containers of plain yogurt. Very short ingredient list & no crap. Yay!! Mountain High was the only brand I found that was regular. The other brands were either “light” or “fat free” or they were flavored. Well, we also have plenty of frozen fruit at home right now. I thawed some & mixed it with the yogurt for the hubby. Had him taste it. He added less than half a teaspoon of sugar & was good to go. Not bad. I licked the plain yogurt off the spoon one night while doling out his serving for the next day’s lunch. Hmmm… not bad. I think I can do this too.
This way, I can make the servings the size I want. The cost is a little more. But, I’m willing to pay that little bit extra to have something that much better for us. With the free fruit we have it comes out to less than 10 cents more a serving. That’s only 50 cents more a week. I think that’s reasonable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.