Pages

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Let the cleansing begin


So as the description says, I’m here to work on getting chemicals out of my life as much as possible. I’m working on moving away from chemicals & replacing things with their natural counterparts. In many ways, it has been easy. Thanks in a big part to my friend Amy.

I started with my bathroom. It was a wonderful feeling to let go of a boxful of toiletries. Yes, a boxful. I pulled out everything from under the bathroom sink & in the cabinet. I only put back less than a quarter of what I started with. I should have taken a picture.

So what’s gone? Lotions, makeup, facial cleansers, scrubs & astringents, colognes, tanning stuff, & other misc chemical crap. All gone. Even my deodorant. I kept my shower gels & shampoo since I had no replacement for them right away.

I’m not a big makeup person to begin with so letting go of that stuff was pretty easy. I kept a few eyeliners & 2 natural mineral makeup type things. The rest, gone. The lotions were a bit harder to let go of, but when you think about the fact you are lathering on the chemicals to be absorbed into your body, it gets a little easier then. There are lotions out there without the bad crap in them. For my deodorant I have found a substitute that has no aluminum. And it seems to actually work! For the facial stuff, there are easy replacements too.

I just cannot tell you how good it felt to know I will no longer be putting that stuff into or onto my body. I took control. And to think I wont have to spend all that money on that stuff anymore! Sorry manufacturers. No I’m not!

So for anyone who follows me, this is my beginning. My next step was under the kitchen sink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.