Pages

Monday, June 30, 2008

Time Flies

Well look at that. Another week has gone by with no writing from me. I meant to sit & write several times. Yup, then life came in & time got away. Not that it was anything exciting.
I really haven’t spent as much time as normal in front of the computer this past week. It’s kinda weird & nice at the same time. There are many gaps in life that I could sit here and write about. I don’t even know where to start.
Since we had gotten some money from his parents to fix the car & bike, we decided Tim needed a new helmet. We had the cash leftover, so that seemed a good thing to spend some of it on. He found a nice, but simple one at the local Harley Shop. It’s ordered & should be in next week sometime. I also had to go order some hoses for the bike. Seems the expensive little buggers we bought last week didn’t fix the leak. They did need to be replaced tho, so that’s done. The hoses were much less expensive & should be in on Tuesday.
My friend Kati who makes the silver jewelry, told me to come with her for the weekend & do the Chelan Street Fair. We ended up stretching her 10x10 space to 10x20 with my stuff near the back end. It would have been okay, if there weren’t benches in the way. But, it was a free space. The foot traffic was not too bad, although much less than normal. The buying tho was down considerably. Some vendors did alright, but most, didn’t. We were on the “didn’t” side. I know Kati made her booth fee back, but not sure how much more than that she made. The fee was under $200. Wanna know how much I made all weekend? Forty one dollars. Yup. That’s all. Sold 2 things. We were there 11 to 8 on Friday, 10 to 8 on Saturday & 10 to 3 on Sunday. I had hoped for a decent weekend, so that next year I could think about getting my own space. I don’t think that’s gonna happen. I could have spent 5 hours on Saturday morning & maybe made that much. Instead I spent the whole weekend 40 miles from home. Round trip from here was 80 miles. That’s 240 for the weekend. So even tho my space was free, I actually made nothing when you consider the cost of gas. Lesson learned.
Saturday while we were up there, we took turns wandering off to see things. Not like we were missing anything by just sitting in the booth. So Connie & I got to walk a few blocks away & check out the Chelan Farmer’s Market. It’s small, but nice. Not much for produce yet, like here in town, but they had some nice crafters, & cherries. We saw a couple vendors who usually vend in Wenatchee there. They said they needed a change of pace & wanted to try something different. Sales are down for everyone. We found a local organic herb person there too. That was kinda cool. They live in nearby, but up on a plateau, Waterville.
So one day last week, another part of my one tooth broke off. So, I had a sharp edge on the inside. Well, it rubs against my tongue & hurts. The tooth didn’t hurt, just my tongue. I was talking funny and using gum to cover the tooth during the day. Well, Friday while we were at the Street Fair, my filling fell out. My 30 year old filling. So now, I have a sharp tooth with no filling. Yuck. I spent most of the weekend with chewing gum over it so I could try to eat, & talk. It’s amazing how we don’t realize how much we rely on something, until it’s compromised. Not letting your tongue just “be”, makes it hard to talk right. The side of my tongue has toughened up a bit & I spent today without gum at all. I can even talk a bit better. I still have to eat slow tho, so I’m careful not to stuff the tooth with food. I’ll be calling around a bit tomorrow (cuz today got away from me again) to find a dentist to either just pull it, or see about rebuilding it. I got a name of a good dentist who focuses on pulling teeth, so now I just need the name of one who does the rebuilding. Seems from what I have heard, word of mouth is the best way to pick a dentist. So that should be fun.
Geez. A little writing, a few distractions, & it’s 1030 now already. Where has the last hour gone?
I think we’re heading back up to Chelan tomorrow to wander thru the big Super Wal-Mart. We’re also going to find the Spirals store. It’s a cool place, from what we hear. And since we don’t have our own Super Wal-Mart in town, every once in awhile, we head up to the big one, mostly for fun.
Man, even tho it’s only just after 1030, I’m tired. Guess the weekend did take a bit out of me, even if I wasn’t busy selling stuff. Could be the 100 degree days we had. Could be that I spent allot of time just outside. Could be that today was another 100 degree day too.
I think I shall quit here & just continue this next month. I can’t believe Tuesday is July already. I swear this year is going by so incredibly fast.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.