Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2008

An array of thought

Thank the Goddess I’m finally feeling better. I actually slept with only 1 pillow last night. Since I’ve not been able to breathe well at night, I was sleeping with 2 pillows. It helped. It feels so good to be feeling better. It’s been a very long time since a cold whipped my butt for a full 10 days. Now if this stupid cough will just go away, it’ll all be good.
So I spent today working on the June issue of the farmer’s market newsletter. This is the second one I’ve done. I totally gave it a face lift. I’ve already shown it to the market manager Julie, & she loves it. That was worth the work. I’m just waiting on an email back from her, then it can go out to the members. Whew! The next one now will be allot easier. It even has a name now … Home Grown News. Before it was just the Farmer’s Market Newsletter. Boring …. I think people will like the new version. It certainly reads easier than the other ones.
Not much else to write about that’s not redundant. I still have this urge to rearrange furniture here. I really think it’s because I thought I’d be packing to move by now. I lost control over that. Something I can control is where the furniture goes. I have a part of the living area figured out, but not all. Soon as I have more of it figured, look out. Since it does involve a bit of shoving, lifting & moving .. I had planned to do it on a day Connie was off. Well, that’s what’s left of today, & tomorrow. We don’t know yet what she works next week so it might be another week or so of me thinking.
I looked at the date when I started this entry. In 1982 on this date, I got married for the first time. I was pregnant with Connie. I was only 17. Wow. That was a long time ago. If I stop to think about it, it brings back allot of memories. Most of them are happy ones. I tend to block out the crap unless I really think long & hard. Then it has no choice, & surfaces. Is it strange that after all the shit, I think about him now & then? Every once in awhile the thought of him pops into my head & I wonder how he is. We don’t hear from him at all anymore. Even if I wanted to write him or something stupid, I couldn’t. I have no address for him. Maybe that’s the way it’s supposed to be for now. I don’t know.
Since I haven’t been feeling good, I have tried to eat a little better. Not much, but a little. The habit was so hard to get into last year, & so easy to get out of this year. Something about eating lettuce & such in winter just feels wrong. But anyways, we haven’t gotten back into salads just yet, but I have been trying to eat a better breakfast. It’s a start. I used to sit in front of this thing & just have some cereal or whatever. Now I sit here & read emails, enjoying 2 cups of coffee. Then I go fix something for breakfast & actually sit at the table & eat. I’ll get my morning pills, pour me some OJ, & have some hot cereal, eggs, or just a bowl of cold cereal. But I do it in a more relaxed way. Not in front of this thing, eating mindlessly. I sit there & enjoy it. I leaf thru a magazine, the paper, grocery ads, or whatever. It’s a nice little “time for me” kind of thing. I feel very fortunate to be able to do that.
I have neglected so many things while feeling like crap. Trying to get back into things, is hard. I read up on all of your happenings, but just didn’t feel up to commenting. I’m glad my friend list isn’t any bigger. I can’t imagine how long it would take me to catch up!
Connie has about 2 weeks between her online classes. I’m hoping during that time we can get more stuff up on my site. I’ve been trying to rethink things a bit. Hey, it’s what a slow economy will do to you. On some newsletter thing I get, or from somewhere, I got a nifty idea to possibly help generate sales. Everyone is big on saving gas these days. So, if it wont hurt me too much … why not offer people a free bit of gas? Someone came up with the idea to offer a free gas card with a purchase. Like, if they spend X amount with me, they’ll get a gas card with X amount on it. If this is online, they would still pay shipping, so you’d only be out a bit of profit. But ya gotta figure that if they get their free card, they’ll tell friends where to shop so they can get free cards too. I was thinking of offering a choice of cards in case not everyone has say, a Walmart gas station in their town. Hey, there are still places without them. Well, it’s something I’m thinking about. My thought is to kick it in at like $50. Spend $50 with me & get $5 gas card. Or maybe something like any purchase over $50, get a gas card equal to 10% of your purchase. I can afford to offer a 10% discount.
Ok, I started writing at 10. Now it’s 1035. The dryer just went off. I suppose I should go fold the clothes in it. I’m still not tired yet, but I don’t think I could sit & read a book. That makes me yawn, & get tired. Hey, maybe I should …

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.