Pages

Monday, August 25, 2008

late babble & weekend updates

It’s almost 11 & the place is quiet. Tim & Connie are both in bed. I can hear the fish tank & the fan. That’s it. It’s kinda nice.
Our weekend was rather nice. No hurrying out the door early Saturday morning. We headed out mid morning to wander the main street downtown. I had seen that the businesses were having a sidewalk sale on Friday when I drove that way. We got home for lunch & relaxed a bit. We ended up doing a bit of running around in the afternoon. Home for dinner and just hanging out for the evening. Saturday night was … yeah. I hate having to be quiet or trying not to make the bed make noise. I know we don’t have to, but it’s just weird. Now, if she’s not home … that’s another story.
Sunday was quiet too. No major anything happening on the first weekend of no market. I didn’t mind either. Oh wait …. Sunday we got a new to us fish tank, complete with fish. My friend Cindy felt she could no longer care for her fish the way they should be so she was offering up the tank & fish on Freecycle. I saw it & we talked about it. That was Saturday evening. Next thing ya know, Sunday morning we’re picking up the fish tank. We got it home & boy did it need a huge cleaning. Now it sits in the dining area, all clean & pretty. Let me tell you what … those fun plastic resin statues & tank decorations that we think are so pretty … are outrageously priced. We shouldn’t have, but we splurged & got 2 that were not too badly priced. Well, not bad alone… but together were still $55. What would have been really cool would have cost $120 for the two pieces. She had a half a castle in there, which she said she would really like to have back. Ok, no prob. That’s why we went ahead & got new things. Add some more gravel, & a few live plants … next thing ya know, there goes a small fortune. But, the fish seem happy & the tank looks cool.
So we now have a reed fish which looks like a Japanese dragon or snake, depending on who you ask. He is the surviving male of a mating pair. His name is Haku. The female died recently of ammonia burn. Then there is the ghost knife fish. He’s cool looking, when you can see him. I’ll have to work on getting a pic of him. His name is Ghost. She’s had the tank & these fish for about 4 years now. Says she got the fish as little ones & has watched them grow. There is also a nice large pleco (like the one in our tank) & a little catfish. I'll work on cool pix of everyone.

Tuesday I need to do some around the house stuff. I think a load of laundry is in order. Need to change the sheets. Have some clothes to fold & put away too. Have lots of “stuff” that has been put in our bedroom that needs to be organized & put somewhere. Gotta water the outside plants, & the houseplants. I’m sure there are several other little things to get done too. Like my nails. I really should file & shape them since they are actually long enough to do that again. You know, before I do something that tears one, which then causes a few more to tear & then ya just gotta cut them all the same length again. So yes, time for nails would be good.
Ok, I’m losing focus. Must be time to unwind & get ready for bed. Seems I have set up a busy day & week for myself. So, it’s 1130 now. Guess I should be done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.