Pages

Thursday, October 6, 2011

Changing Beliefs

Working to revive my Spirit ...

While I debated what to write about first, I skimmed thru some of the Pagan Blog Prompts. My daughter maintains this blog, full of thought provoking thoughts & ideas to get you to write. I’m choosing to answer one from awhile back today.


This one kind of speaks to me. Yes, my beliefs have changed, some, over the years. I began my journey down this wondrous path with Wiccan beliefs. It was what I first was exposed to. It was what I first learned. I knew almost from the beginning that I would always be Pagan, but not always Wiccan. I did not feel all the beliefs associated with this “branch” of Paganism were right for me.

As I began to read more & more, I found that unlike most other religions, Paganism pretty much says its alright to take only what you truly connect with & what resonates with you personally. It’s okay to leave the rest. There is even a name for this … eclectic. That, is very much me.

I also feel that I am still changing. Will I always keep the beliefs I have right now? I can’t completely answer that. Right now, my beliefs are planted within my heart. As I continue to read more, learn more & experience more, there is a possibility they will change. Or not. Only time will tell. One thing I do know … is I will always call my self Pagan. And spiritual. And … a child of the Goddess.


1 comment:

  1. I'm catching up on past responses at PBP and wanted to stop by and thank you for sharing with us there.
    ~Sunfire

    ReplyDelete

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.