Pages

Thursday, February 19, 2009

Fructose


I've been reading about High Fructose Corn Syrup & other sugars/refined sugars/sweeteners lately. Anyone who knows me, knows this. I've had a tab open in my browser for sometime now about Fructose. The title reads ... "Is Fructose Dangerous?"

After reading this page a few times, I think this will be on my list of sugar type things to remove from my home. It wont be as easy as removing the HFCS tho, it seems. Ideally, removing sugars in general is the best way to go. But I'm not ready to just let go of all sugars. I will continue to eat real sugar. But if I can remove some or all of the other forms of it, that would be way cool.

Here is the page .... Fructose

Here is a bit from the page ....

***If you consider fructose a safe, natural sugar, think again. You've been had by one of the biggest nutritional bait-and-switch ploys in years.
Fructose & high-fructose corn syrup (HFCS) have been aggressively promoted as natural sugars. After all, we've been taught since childhood that fructose is fruit sugar.
The truth is that fructose & HFCS, as large-scale commercial sweeteners, didn't exist 20 years ago. Now, they're almost as common as sucrose-plain old white sugar. HFCS is routinely added to processed foods & beverages including Coca-Cola, Snapple, & many health food products.
"Fructose is not from fruit. It's a commercial, refined sugar," asserted Robin Rogosin, a buyer and research coordinator at Mrs. Gooch's Natural Foods Market in Beverly Hills, Calif.***

That is how the article begins. I encourage you all to take a few minutes to read the page. It's good info to have stored in your brain.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Very informing....and alarming.

    I did research at one point about the toxins in household cleaners and was shocked at what I had in my cabinet.

    I never really thought about Fructose. I'm heading over to check out the link you shared. :)

    Have a Great Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The toxins in our cabinets for cleaning are indeed alarming Stephanie. I'm glad to see others concerned. I've replaced almost all our cleaners with 3 simple things. Baking Soda, Vinegar, & Hydrogen Peroxide. It's been pretty good!

    It still amazes me what society will believe simply because food manufacturers say it's okay. Or better yet, because the FDA says it's okay.

    ReplyDelete

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.