Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Catching up again




The weekend has come & gone. It’s already Tuesday. Hubby & I were talking about going down to see Dad this weekend. So I called the Club Pet place today. They’re full for this weekend. So I made tentative arrangements for next weekend. We could just leave her here with the daughter, but hubby figured it would be good for her to have more play time with other doggies. So, we’ll see what he says when he gets home.

So I bought the Smooth Away that’s advertised on TV. Got it at our Bed Bath & Beyond store tho, with a coupon. So I saved shipping & an extra 1.50. I tried the smaller pad today on my facial hair that’s on my chin & neck. It only kinda works. Takes a lot more effort than advertised. Your hair has to be less than a quarter inch long. You have to go in a circular motion 3 times in each direction, repeating until hair is gone. You have to pull your skin taut which for me was really hard & awkward on my face & neck. I’ll give it a few more tries tho so we’ll see how it ends up working in the long run.

I also grabbed a box of the ShamWow towels. Again, with a coupon from the same store. The bigger ones worked well as a dish rack mat last night. The smaller one hubby tried using to dry dishes. Didn’t work as fast as the regular dish towel he said. We’ll put them thru their paces tho & see how they do.
I keep meaning to write about something. Commercials for cleaning products. Specifically disposable cleaning products. Those stupid commercials make it seem like the cleaning products we use don’t work worth a darn. Like those swiffer commercials. The way they compare the mop to a swiffer wetjet. Who the hell cleans that way? Or dusting … who in their right mind takes one of those feather dusters & flips the dust everywhere when they dust? OMG people. They make us look so incompetent. And who lets their floors get as dirty as the commercials make it seem? Or their bathrooms? I guess the more I see those commercials the more irritated I get. There is no need to depend on all those disposable products. The ones we use are fine. Even the ShamWow commercial talks like we use paper towels like nothing. The average family spends 30 a month on paper towels. What? OMG …. That’s insane!!! I know we aren’t average in our usage, but we use maybe one roll in 2 months or more. We use rags & old towels all the time. For all sorts of things. Toss them in the wash with whites & they’re ready to be used again. How hard is that? Ok, end of rant for now.

I have so much on my mind. I should go do something productive now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.