Pages

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Started last night, finished this morning . . .


So here it is almost half way thru December already & I haven’t written anything yet. I guess I’ve been a bit preoccupied with all the store stuff. I’m pretty happy with the turnout as a whole. We’re doing well as a store, just not as good individually. Obviously some are doing better than others, but in all, we could all be doing better. The possibility of having a real store somewhere is there. Whether or not I can make it happen, is another story all together.
Something else that has come up is saving money in these times. A big way we (me, hubby & Connie) can do that is to live with another family. Amy’s family. We’ve talked about combining our households to save money. So, the hunt for a big house to rent is underway. If the right place presents itself, we all feel it might just work. But, it has to be the right place. There has to be enough room. We’ve already figured out a lot of the details too. All on paper of course. Making it happen, will be a tough job, but with a good reward for us all.
There’s lots going on in my head lately that I just can’t seem to find words for so I have not written about them. Kinda bugs me too, since I enjoy this writing as a tool to look back on.
And then enter a time gap. It’s now 12 hours later. Got distracted last night & then had to go close the mall. Came home & had some dessert & watched a little TV before crashing in bed at just after 10.
This past week I installed Office 2007 on both my computer & the hubby’s. It’s neat. And weird. The new Outlook is taking a bit of getting used to. He is using it for the new program called Groove. I kinda like the new look of the Word thing but as with all new things, it takes some getting used to.
It finally snowed on Friday. Not a lot, but the world is now dusted white. This is late for around here. Typically we have some snowfall by the end of November. We might get more today, or not. Depends on how the temps are. I’m hoping it puts people in the holidays shopping mood so we can make some money at the mall.
I made the mistake of seeing what my sales were up to last night. Ouch. Barely over 400. I should be well over the 1000 mark by now. Damn. Now there is a true sign of the times. As a store we hit the 3 grand mark tho so that is kinda cool. I also have to wonder tho, if part of the problem is being just a part of a store instead of single like a crafter. My stuff is just mixed in with everyone else. Same goes for everyone else. Would we have made more money individually if we had better individual displays? Maybe, maybe not. We are also not using any hard sell tactics. We help people when they appear to need it & are otherwise just friendly, striking up conversation if appropriate. Who knows right? If there is the perfect answer to this, I’m sure it would cost a fortune to find out.

Well, I should stop so I can go open the mall soon. This begins our longer hours. What a pointless thing to do. We now open at 9 instead of 10 and stay open until 10 instead of 9. We barely have any people between 8 & 9 as it is now. And we don’t do much if any business before 11. And Sunday . . . we open at 10 & stay open until 7. Again, pointless for around here. Unless they really push it in advertising, we’ll be open longer, bored longer without any extra sales to show of it.

And off I go to eat something real quick, get dressed & run down to the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.