Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Medical update

So it has been almost 2 weeks now since I saw the doc. The results from my blood work were not as bad as I expected, but not perfect either. One big thing to cross off the list is Diabetes. I’m okay with my blood sugar levels right now. My thyroid is below the optimum level. And the progesterone part of my hormones? Yeah, it’s bottomed out! So there is indeed actual real reason behind many of my symptoms & issues. And, we are already on the road to re-balance.

I brought my hubby with me when we went back for my appointment on Friday (10/31). I wanted him to meet the doc. He’s glad he came. He went over the results & pointed out things for us. And right away he got me going with a natural thyroid medicine. It’s a little more than the synthetic versions but it also (he feels) addresses the problems better, faster & more accurately. I’m good with that. I have to take it every morning … and wait at least 45 minutes before eating or drinking anything (beside water)!! I started this on Nov 1.

The other thing is my lack of progesterone. This is being addressed with a hand mixed progesterone formula, just for me. This is what compounding pharmacies make. I now take this every night before bed. I started on Oct 31.

Now the funny part. Well, not funny really … Hubby had taken the day off on Friday so we could prepare for our vacation. We had a few errands to run; this doc appt, the dog to drop off at Club Pet, & bags to pack. Oh, & get to bed early so we could be at the airport by 5am on Saturday. Well, to get the progesterone, we could either wait until we got back from vacation & have it waiting in the mail … or drive just over an hour to go pick it up & start that night. We opted for the latter … so in the middle of everything, we took a side trip down to Moses Lake. It should take almost (maybe?) 80 minutes. We made it in just over 60 I think. LOL While down there we had a bite to eat so that was one less thing to do when we got back. It all worked out.

So its been over a week now with both in my system. How do I feel? Well, I wish effects were instant so I could say its great! I do seem to notice a small difference but not much. By the end of next week will be a better measure. Last week not only did I start taking 2 new medications, but we went on vacation. Not a fair evaluation really.


And of course on top of everything my cycle is early. Yeah. That sucks. Oh well. Like I said, next week should be a better measure. Meanwhile. I will keep notes of things I notice.

7 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're on your way back to balance!! {{{hugs!}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you are on the right path. Just remember it took time for these symptoms snd imbalance to occur and it will take time to bring balance back. I know that is hard but you ARE strong and I am believing the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you are on the right path. Just remember it took time for these symptoms snd imbalance to occur and it will take time to bring balance back. I know that is hard but you ARE strong and I am believing the best for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it did take time to happen. Way too many years. The doc told me that the progesterone I may see/feel a difference within just a few days. But, being on an emotional vacation, I cant say for sure yet. We did notice that my moodiness associated with my cycle was not near as bad. I did not want to bite anyone's head off! Not sure what exactly I should notice from the thyroid stuff so again, we'll see what next week brings.

      Delete
  4. I understand this journey, as I am on the same one. Balance is hard to find, when not much helps you! (Me , my middle name is: for everyone else but not you...) Metformin was supposed to help with infertility and weight loss, but not for me, tons of people are having dramatic and lasting weight loss results with Plexus, but not me, Thyroid medicines help most people, but we haven't found the magic mix yet....... now the insulin I have been on is no longer working....... YIKES ! I have been fighting the thyroid battle, the diabetic battle, the PCOS battle, the chronic kidney stone battle, and the cellulitus and it's effects on oneself battle! Yes I am a medical mess ...... LOL, enjoying reading your posts though! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Becky I'm sorry. None of that sounds fun at all. I would have tried the Plexus but it just cost too much for our budget & to not know if it would work. I've tried weight loss stuff too without results like others get. But now I understand why. If my hormones & such are out of whack, how can I expect my body to do anything right? I cant tel you how good it felt to see my blood sugar number not be way out in a danger zone. Its not ideal but its not of concern either. I will though, make an effort to lower it too. I dont know how I would have handled needing insulin or something. I hope you find something that works, soon.

      Have you tried the natural thyroid yet? If not, talk to your doc about it. It's the Armour Thyroid.

      Delete

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.