Pages

Monday, October 27, 2014

Road to Rebalance

For many years I have dealt with:
Excessive hair growth
Mood swings beyond a menstrual cycle
Fatigue
Lack of focus
Memory loss
No drive/motivation or just short bursts of it
Weight that wont come off
Elevated blood pressure & cholesterol levels
And a few other things

While I *know* the potential cause of much of this, having a doctor say so, makes it more real. What I did not realize is how connected all of this is. While we wait for the blood work to come back to confirm things, he has already told me most of not all of this can be due to hormone levels & thyroid. He predicts my thyroid is low & my hormones are upside down.

 I had my cholesterol checked in 2009 & brought that paper to show him. Only one of the levels actually concerned him. While my blood pressure is slightly elevated according to “standards” he is not concerned. We agree standards are just that, & not right for everyone. I am to eat more protein & salt. And of course, pay close attention to what I crave as that is what my body needs.

I have been learning a lot of things over the years. I talk a great game. I try to do what I say but often fall short. I have felt guilty when I fall short. When I explained the things I have done for my diet & our general food intake, he commended me for being that much ahead of the game.

I have felt guilty over many things that I learned today are not all my fault. Many of the things I have felt guilt over, were because my hormones & thyroid are so very out of whack & have been for a long time. My lack of motivation, lack of focus, lack of desire. Yup. Hormones. Low thyroid. I am anxious to begin a road to rebalance.


You know, I don’t know if I can even begin to tell you just how this has affected my life over the years.


2 comments:

  1. I can certainly empathize with you having just gotten the results of my own bloodwork. While my cholesterol was [finally] back to acceptable levels, my thyroid was, to quote my doctor, "so sluggish I'm not sure it's even working". He put me on a starter dose of thyroid hormone afraid that putting me on the full dose would be too much of a jolt to my system. Been on them a week; my heart rate is slowly climbing back up to normal; still waiting on the rest of my body to catch up. Looks like we're taking this journey together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you good luck in finding your way to good health and a road to recovery.

    ReplyDelete

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.