Pages

Wednesday, October 22, 2014

A new journey begins

It has been a long time since I wrote in here. I think perhaps I need to rectify that. I think I have a good reason now.


After about 10 years of not seeing a doctor, I am now seeing one. A Naturopath at that. No, this is not thanks to Obamacare. We can’t afford that. The monthly cost might be okay but the rest is not. And while this alternative is not cheap either, it feels better. With Dr. Hoey being a Naturopath, there is not simply a test for everything & a pill to match.

My journey started yesterday when I enrolled in a direct patient care program. A small local clinic has evolved over the years & is now offering this groundbreaking awesome new care model. When you enroll, you pay a monthly fee. It is based on your age. This fee then allows you to choose your doctor (they currently have 3). You then have access to that doc via cell phone, email & office visits. You can go in as many times as you need in any given month. You get discounts on lab work & prescriptions. Now, this does not seem to be a substitution for serious care or surgeries but will most certainly work for the simple doctor visit stuff.

Today I went & had a meet & greet with my new doctor. He spent almost an hour with me. We went over my small laundry list of issues I would like to find answers to. After listening to me, asking more questions & listening some more, he already had answers & ideas. And thankfully, fairly simple answers as a whole. We drew blood & I will go see him next Friday morning to talk about the results & start my road to wellness.


Until I see him again the only thing I am to work on is getting more protein & salt in my diet. I think I can handle that. I think I will use this to document my journey. And yeah, I’ll go into my laundry list of concerns too. I welcome any reader’s comments & input if you care to follow along. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you finally have a way to take care of your health.
    Out of curiosity, and if you don't mind me asking here, why do you need more salt in your diet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The million things we talked about I forget now exactly. I will ask him. I know the body needs salt. And I do not use much at all. The added protein is to help curb snacking later in the day out of boredom & for my body's general health. So now instead of having coffee first ... I have a couple eggs & toast THEN coffee.

      Delete
    2. Here is what my doc said ...
      To improve immune system function as opportunistic viruses, bacteria, yeasts, and other pathogens don't survive long in healthy salt concentrations.
      To increase extra-cellular electrical conductivity. Think battery fluid for your body.
      To keep proper acid-base balance. this is important for allowing minerals to be effectively transported in a proper dissolved fluid medium.

      Delete

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.