Pages

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Another granola bar recipe


This one came out fantastic. And … no falling apart like the previous recipe.

I found this one on Cooks.com & it was submitted by CM
I hope that if you try it, you enjoy it as much as we are.

(  ) is what we used
 
Ingredients:
3- 1/2 cup oats
2- 1/4 cup add-ins (mentioned below)
1/3 to 1/2 cup honey or molasses
1/2 cup brown sugar (organic, light brown)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 egg, beaten (farm raised free range from a friend)
2/3 cup butter, softened (organic unsalted used)
1 tsp vanilla (pure, organic)

The recipe states to toast the oats for 15-20 minutes at 350 before starting. I skipped that part.

Toss all ingredients together & mix well.
Press firmly into a 15x10 jellyroll pan (sprayed, oiled or papered)
Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Cool.
Cut into bars

forgot to take pix along the way. this is part of what was left when I remembered!


My add-ins were 1 cup dried cherries (cut up some), 1 cup chocolate chips & 1/4 cup organic raisins.
I used organic molasses instead of honey.
The cinnamon we have here is a ground Saigon Cinnamon… a bit more robust than everyday cinnamon.

They came out wonderful. I am not a huge fan of molasses, or so I thought, so I was skeptical that I would enjoy these. I knew hubby would love it so I made them. To my surprise, I liked them too! One of these days I will begin to experiment with some other add-in stuff like maybe flax or something. Hubby does not really like nuts but I’d like to see about getting some of those in there too, just chopped small. 

When I asked hubby which he liked better when comparing this recipe to the first one, he said ... either one is great, just dont make me eat those store bought ones anymore! LOL I love him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.