Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Life with changes

So it's been awhile since I wrote. Life with the changes we've made has been good. I dont miss most of the things we removed due to the ingredients. Really. I still have my chocolate, & my chips & other snacks. I've just changed the brand or type. Right now, the one thing I miss is Toaster Strudel. Not sure why, but I deal with it just fine.

It still takes a bit of extra time to go shopping. We still check various labels as we go along, seeing what else has, & doesn't have the things we are avoiding & removing.

My laundry is coming clean too. I still have some Era I'm using as my main detergent, but no bleach or other chemicals. I add vinegar for fabric softener & baking soda to help whiten. In the white loads I also add hydrogen peroxide in the washers bleach reservoir. So far, not bad.

And I really dont miss having to buy all those various cleaners for every little thing. The money I save buying cleaners, I can spend on better food. Granted I'm not a clean freak to begin with, but my home is clean. I dont fret over germs. I know we need them to a degree to be healthy. Some people would disagree with me on that, but that is their choice. We rarely get sick & we believe one reason is that our bodies have good immune systems, build in part ... by germs.

So anyways, the quest goes on, everyday. We make decisions on what to buy based on ingredients & it makes us feel empowered to have that choice. We are taking small steps to a better, healthier us.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.