Pages

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Where has the time gone again??

I can’t believe I haven’t written a regular blog post / journal entry since the first. Allot of my time & energy has been in getting this bra collection thing off the ground. I haven’t even thought about writing just because. Weird. That I can recall right now, there isn’t too much in the daily life to write about. More of the same for the most part.

We had our first meeting of the minds for the mall store on Saturday. 2 of the girls who did show up only stayed a little while. The other girl, Amy, stayed beyond everyone else. We ended up talking about many other things after we went down the list of things for the store. I’m kind of bummed that not everyone showed. This has been planned for a long enough while that if this was important enough, you think they would make the effort. I understand why 2 of them didn’t come. They both contacted me to let me know too. One other one … just didn’t even bother contacting me. She called long after & asked how things went & all that. Sigh. I know things will be fine in the end tho. I’ll have to work on some things for that this week sometime & get them out to everyone.

Connie & I went down to the market again Saturday morning. This time we were on a mission tho, to help recruit people for the Safeway craft bazaar thing she is helping organize. Was nice to see everyone again. Next Saturday is Taste of the Harvest. That’ll be fun to go to, as a spectator this time.

My friend Joe has worked on getting him & the groups he supports into more local events & functions this past week. He got into not only the Taste of the Harvest, but also Wings & Wheels. So that is very cool for him. While I was taking him a few places one day, we ended up in the office of Annette Pennington. She is someone I know I’ve mentioned when I was still all involved in the market. She really is a nice lady. She was happy to help Joe, & knew she knew me from somewhere. I told her where, & then told her I was no longer affiliated with them at all. And of course, after asking why, I told her. She was in complete agreement that there are WAY too many politics going on with the market & the board. She was amazed at the amount even. For such a small town, it was unreal. I agree. But anyway, she told me that I should be selling my work down there. I told her I couldn’t afford it. She offered to give me a better rate, but I declined. I have too much on my plate to spend the money on a booth in hopes of making some money. We’re looking forward this year, to being just people for that weekend.

I now have a lot of my stuff in the Drop Dead Fabulous shop. Laura is so excited to have me there too. She’s been such a wonderful & supportive person not only with my photography, but with the whole bra thing. It’s fantastic.

I worked hard to get 100 samples made for a Pagan Pack event. I made 100 magnets, like the ones I made ofr the Friendship box our Etsy team is doing. Only for this one, I wrote Blessed Be on them all with a silver sharpie. They look cool. I also donated a couple 8x10 matted prints & a few cards. The big event is the Salem Witches Ball in Salem, MA. It is the biggest event of this nature in the US. Let’s hope my sites see some traffic from these things.

My mind is racing but I don’t know what to say. Figures. There is more I could write but it’s a lot of stuff business related. I know that gets boring. And .. I’m working on keeping some of that stuff separate so I can post about those things in my Blogger business blog. As for personal stuff… money is tight. The dog is weird as usual. We’re getting excited about the trip to FL. Love is good. Time is going by too fast. There aren’t enough hours in the day to get things done.

With that, I’m done! I’m tired today … could be from the afternoon fun . . . Or just cuz I’ve been going 90 to nothing all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.