Pages

Friday, May 30, 2008

Friday afternoon thoughts

It's just after 1pm on a sunny Friday afternoon & I’m sitting here in front of the computer, wondering what to get into, if anything. My mind has been going a mile a minute lately. What’s new tho. My soaps are on. I’m not sitting there watching them while doing nothing. They’re on, & I kinda watch.
I was going to take my framed pictures & take pictures of them. But, the glass glares. I’d have to take them apart, take pix, & put them back together. Right then, it was more effort than I wanted to put out. Sad. Might have to bite the bullet tho, & do it. I’d hate to sell one & not have a picture of it. I’m weird like that, wanting pix of my stuff, even after it’s gone. MI may never again mat & frame it the same, but I like having a record of things.
I need to take new pix of my finished coasters too. I want to list them on Etsy & such. I’m not quite totally happy with the pix I have taken. When I use a black background, they turn out to dark. When I use white, the colors wash out too much. I want a solid something, so when I put them on my new site, they will look good. Maybe I need to find a neutral something & just color the background black to match the site. I dunno.
Thursday Connie had the day off. We spent some time together & went back up to Leavenworth. It’s fun to go see the river in all it’s fury. We walked along a path for awhile, took several pix of the river from the bridge, & generally had a good time. We brought the dog, & she too, had a blast. It was a nice afternoon.
On the way home, we stopped at a local bakery, known for it’s yummy treats. What are the odds, that as we sat down to enjoy a snack, Lorie & her daughter should walk in? It was awkward. We hugged, but it was weird. No mention of anything said via email, which was the right thing to do of course. But it was just strange. The last time I hugged her, was when she came to see me at the market. Then, as this day, I hugged with all of me. It’s the only way I hug. They didn’t stay long, just long enough to get something & be gone. It’s such a weird feeling. I still don’t know what to say to her. If I should say anything at all. I still think about her, & us, everyday. I wonder what to say. What to do. I know we’ll never be the same. I can only hope that the answers come.
Tuesday I spent some time planting stuff. I cleaned out containers, replanted some plants & it felt so good. I swept up around the bottom of the steps, the steps & the walkway leading to the door. That’s where a couple baskets now hang, and several pots sit. It looks nice & I hope we have somewhere just as nice to move everything to when we move.
Speaking of that … I got to talk to my friend Kati, who owns the house we’re going to move into. She feels confident that the current (extended family) people living there will have the house finished (& be moved in) that they are building, by mid June. So now we just need to see if we can be in there by July 1 or August 1. That will depend on whether or not she has anything that needs to be done to the house that cant be done while we live there. I’m hoping we find out some of that tonite. She is supposed to come into town after work, so hopefully, she’ll have a chance to stop by here & chat with us too.
Ok, now I’m losing focus. I guess I need to wind this up for now & find something more productive to do. There is after all, a long list I can choose from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.