Pages

Friday, May 11, 2012

Life Without ... store ketchup, try 3


Wow. Who would have thought making such a simple thing could be so much fun. The last recipe I tried came out pretty good & hubby loved it. The only thing I found kinda odd about it, to me, was the cinnamon in it. So, here it is time again to make more. This time I made just a few small changes to that recipe.

I added:
1 Tbsp of Vinegar
¼ tsp of mustard powder
¼ tsp of onion powder

I left out:
Cinnamon

Results? Not bad at all.

I’m not sure what else it is that makes it taste a little “off” to me. Maybe it’s the difference between store bought & homemade. But maybe it’s the all spice & clove. Something else funny … we went out to eat recently. Hubby used some of their ketchup for his fries. To see his face was funny. He could not believe how he used to think that stuff was good. We laughed & commented that maybe next time we need to bring our own.

After seeing & tasting the result of a mish-mash recipe of mayo, I think I am very inclined to try my hand at that next. The kids had tried to make some, but had no blender. Without the blender (or mixer perhaps?), it doesn’t mix very well… no matter how hard you try to whip it by hand. We brought their attempt to our place & poured it into the Ninja. Added a few bits of ingredients & had mayo. Pretty cool. Not quite how I want it to taste, but hubby liked it so its being used. Certainly good enough to make me wanna try. Of course I’ll share the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

This is my world. I reserve the right to not publish any comment that is offensive or cruel.